Friday, November 11, 2005

1. INTRODUCTION

I have been working out since 1974 when I was 14 years old. At that time, everything I knew about exercise, primairly weight lifting, I learned from a Joe Wieder program I ordered out of a "Boy's Life" magazine.

I made a lot of mistakes along the way. For most of my early life, I was a member of the "no pain/no gain" generation. I even wrestled in high school and utilized the starvation diet to drop from 175 lbs to 126 lbs in one month (please don't try this at home).

I've always been interested in fitness and nutrition. Over the years, I've read fitness magazines, tried a few diets, worked with personal trainers and attended/listened to a number of self-improvement programs.

This blog is my attempt to pull all of this information together in a forum that will, hopefully, be of use to others and will generate comments and additional wisdom.

I'm going to start with a basic overview as laid out in the Table of Contents. I'm not going to attempt to get into any PhD level discussions, but rather, will highlight the elements that I think should be part of a successful program.

As for my personal situation. I am currently 5'7", weigh 174 lbs and have a body fat of 23%. My goals are to lose 10 lbs of body fat, add 5 lbs of muscle and improve my overall fitness level. I also am planning to complete a sprint triathlon in March of 2006 and a middle distance triathlon by June of 2006.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

You have a great blog here! I have a free music downloads site. In addition to free music downloads, you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Check it out when you can :)
Rod

10:48 PM  
Blogger TradingCourses said...

Blogs and Biz
It's not news that consumers don't trust media and advertising, but David Kline blogs how corporate America really doesn't get "consumer-generated media." ...the study suggests that most American companies are ...
Enjoyed reading blog. You may want to check out my emini trading web page emini trading Keep it up.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Steffany said...

Oracle Following Microsoft's Lead
The Leap from Illusion to Fusion , from the DataTrends Newsletter Following its acquisitions of PeopleSoft and Siebel, Oracle is touting a strategy it calls Project Fusion that it says will bring its products ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to how to repair a road bicycle on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like how to repair a road bicycle!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

Nice blog. Your posts were interesting reading. I
have a texas turkey hunting site. You can find everything about texas turkey hunting as well as info hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think.
Rod

11:59 AM  
Blogger Juliette said...

Albany Molecular Research, Inc. Names Lead Independent Director
Business Blogs - RSS Feeds - Business Case Studies Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to georgia highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like georgia highway construction!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Smokey said...

A Funny Commentary on National Press - for once.
Quit the whining, Famous Blogger "I have an idea. What about a blog for responses to letters in the forum pages that we really want to read? Say somebody writes in to complain about traffic jams caused by a ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Smokey said...

FTC Shuts Down Major Spyware Ring
"Elitebar is a particularly deceptive piece of adware that generally propagates through the use of seemingly innocent dialog boxes, various social engineering methods, or through a java scripting error," said ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to quality assurance highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like quality assurance highway construction!

1:03 PM  
Blogger answer-man said...

ps I'm having a little trouble sending comments so if I do it twice please excuse me and I apologize.

5:37 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Sarah

http://www.thetreadmillguide.com

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home