Thursday, November 10, 2005

8A NEW STRETCHING TECHNIQUE

At my most recent personal training session, I was shown a new way to stretch and I have never seen it before so I wanted to tell you about it.

It involves using a firm foam roller (cylinder shaped) about 8" in diameter and 3' long. You basically put this thing under you leg, back, calf, etc... and then roll back and forth on top of it. You "stretch" when your skin attempts to conform to the curve of the roller. Trust me that you will find where you have tightness.

My trainer also showed may how to use a small medicine ball placed between my back and a wall to work out the knots in my back.

I searched for the rollers on Google using "exercise foam roller" and found some for about $10

Try this and let me know what you think

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home